Anti-Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
Develop the confidence and skills to be able to prevent bullying in your workplace and to be able to handle any allegation proactively while protecting your staff and reputation
Do you need to ensure that your workplace is prepared for the the new Fair Work Commission anti-bullying powers that came into effect on 1st January 2014? Do you sometimes have difficulty understanding the difference between reasonable management action and behaviours that may be deemed harassing or bullying by some people? Do you fear how much it will cost you to defend an allegation of bullying, both in time, personal anguish and impact on morale?
This course will guide you through the new legislation and the principles it is based on. It will teach you the difference between addressing poor performance and allocating work that may not be popular and being unreasonable as a manager. The course includes practical and effective measures you can put in place now that will decrease the chances that you will be unprepared if a worker alleges bullying or involves the Fair Work Commission in investigating your workplace interactions.
Every one of our training programs is uniquely designed and tailored to meet your specific circumstances and objectives.
Here are some examples of the type of topics and material that would be covered in your Leadership Power training…
- Understanding the new legislation and how it intersects with Work Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
- Attention! Be clear about what is reasonable and what will be expected from employers and those responsible for staff from the Fair Work Commission
- Ten top tips to be more aware of the subconscious interpretations of workers under pressure
- How to build a culture of clear communication and expression of core organisational values and how they convert to behaviour
- Account for individual differences and needs while providing a fair and just workplace for all
- Dealing with performance management in a manner that builds up good will and engagement
- Feedback and making difficult decisions then communicating why they were made
- Taking appropriate steps if bullying has occurred
- Understanding individual and group factors that may become barriers
- The secrets of balancing your management role with transformational leadership
….and much more (such as how to develop your own personal action plan to apply your new knowledge and skills in workplace relations for greater success).
For any great organisation the people are its most valuable asset. Your people are employed to achieve your business goals. The Upfront Communications ‘Anti-Bullying and Harassment’ training is an essential ‘enabler’ for bringing out the best in your team. Common business benefits as reported by previous course attendees include:
- A more professional and harmonious business environment characterised by mutual respect
- Improved productivity
- More effective responding by your managers and those responsible for staff to allegations made by workers in either the Fair Work Commission or other relevant Work Health and Safety jurisdictions
- Fewer costly meetings and time spent defending action
- Greater success with your business as your organisation is recognised as addressing difficult behaviour in a fair and compassionate manner
- Customer retention and additional business through your reputation improving as managers are confident in handling complex situations and able to access additional support as required
Both individuals currently managing staff and those aspiring to do so in the future would benefit from this course. Some of the main groups we have seen benefit include:
- Directors, senior executives and management
- Team leaders, coordinators and supervisors
- Sales teams, brand ambassadors and support staff
- Colleagues and fellow team members of people who may allege bullying and harassment in the workplace
We can custom-tailor the course to every level and audience depending on your requirements.
Following an initial consultation with your business we will develop an understanding of the skill level mix of the group and the desired business outcomes that you are seeking. From there we will custom tailor the training to meet your business. The training includes practical aspects that increase confidence and ensure the learning is not just theoretical.
We will save you time and money by ‘coming to you’ and providing the training on your premises or at a location determined to be ideal for your business and desired outcomes.
The Anti-Bullying and Harassment training is a one day program.
Typically, we suggest up to 12 people from your organisation can attend the training at any one time. This limit is suggested because of the ‘hands on’ nature of the training and the individual feedback given to each person attending the training.
Larger groups can be accommodated, however, and we can structure the training to best meet your requirements.
We have the largest network of professional trainers in Australia. The trainers that deliver this course are all specialists in the area of Anti-Bullying and Harassment at Work. They have all had to initially qualify to be put through our intensive Train the Trainer program which makes sure they meet our extremely high professional training standards and ensures every course is consistent in quality and content.
Our trainers also all have a minimum of the Australian TAE (Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment). All of our trainers are dynamic, friendly, people – people who have years of experience, use highly interactive teaching techniques and accelerated learning principles.
The investment in your team’s Anti-Bullying and Harassment at Work training will vary depending on size and location of your group. Following your initial enquiry we will be able to provide you with a prompt quotation that meets your needs.
We offer a 100% money back guarantee if you, and the delegates trained, are not entirely happy with the course content and trainer who delivered the session.
Your Next Steps
Call our office now on 1300 766 186 for a no obligation discussion about the desired business outcomes you would like to achieve . Alternatively, please feel free to complete the quick enquiry form on the right of this page and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Other Training Courses that you may be interested in include…
Mastering the Art of Supervision and Leadership in the Business Environment For More Effective Managers and More Productive Staff
How to Build High Performance Business Teams That Get Results Faster, Better and With More Satisfaction